Looking at other possible 2008 presidential matchups in Florida, the Quinnipiac University Swing State Poll finds:
- Giuliani tops Obama 44 41 percent;
- Obama defeats Thompson 43 37 percent;
- Clinton defeats Thompson 49 40 percent.
In a Democratic primary match up, Clinton gets 43 percent, followed by 13 percent for Obama, 11 percent for Gore and 8 percent for John Edwards.
Among Republicans, Giuliani gets 26 percent, with 19 percent for Thompson, 11 percent for McCain, 9 percent for former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and 6 percent for former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.
By a 50 42 percent margin, Florida voters have a favorable opinion of Clinton. On June 27 it was 47 47 percent. Favorability ratings for other contenders are:
- 53 26 percent for Giuliani;
- 34 39 percent for McCain;
- 44 26 percent for Obama;
- 42 46 percent for former Vice President Al Gore;
- 42 32 percent for former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards;
- 33 17 percent for Thompson;
54 percent haven't heard enough about Romney to form an opinion.
To Read The Whole Report Click Here
A Election '08 News Site:
For News And Commentary:
For Florida Election News See:
Political Talk For And By Political Junkies
Just Rumors The Rumor Mills